Wednesday, March 11, 2015

      So, time to start at the very beginning of this very long and extensive project of mine. I got the Camaro in a trade, and it was the generation I have always wanted. It is a 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Base Coupe 3.4l 4 Speed Auto with Overdrive and T tops. Everyone's first question is why didn't I get the V8. I know, but there is a simple explanation.
1. If I was going to get a V8, I would get the LS, the LT I don't entirely care for. BUT the LT body style I prefer.
2. The car I traded was in pretty rough shape and not worth a V8.

      Now this Camaro wasn't in the greatest of shape either. It needed a good bit of cosmetic work as well as maintenance that was highly neglected. It had a couple dents in the drivers rear quarter panel, the dash was cracked up, the drivers seat has a huge tear in it, there was a cone filter just stuffed onto the intake elbow which is actually worse for the car, the spark plugs were never changed, and the oil was sludge. Now the dash and drivers seat are both very common problems, so I expected that. The spark plugs, cone filter, and sludge oil, I was not however.

      Now this was also only 1 step above the very base model. Well it is still the base model regardless, but this came with almost none of the available options. The only difference this had between nothing and something for options is the power windows and locks. They did come full manual so I was happy I didn't get that at least. There was an option for alloy rims, clear tops, remote entry, manual transmission, and possibly a couple others that I can't remember. So as you can guess, I had steel wheels with hubcaps, dot matrix glass on the tops (you will see what that is in pictures to come), no remote entry, and my obvious automatic transmission,
      So now before I go on, here are a few pictures to enjoy of when I first got her.
Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.

Click on image for larger view.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!